While I was in Florida for the Ragnar Relay, Jake's football team, and their awesome head coach (Steve!) headed to the Gwinnett Football League Championship! When I originally planned the Florida trip, the Championship Games were supposed to be played the week before but the whole season was pushed back a week due to the floods in Atlanta this fall. Even with the week the canceled games, we still played more Saturdays than I care to count in pouring down rain and mud. The 1st week of playoffs was the absolute worst. Not only was it raining but the fields were so torn up that there were knee-deep mud puddles all over. I was so tired of washing cleats and football gear every Saturday! Thank goodness the 2nd week of playoffs the sun came out and stayed out for the rest of the season.
This is the only picture I have of Steve & Jake from Championship Day. I had some friends take pictures but have not had a chance to get them yet.


0 comments:
Post a Comment