Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spring Break 2009--Texas Style!

We headed to Texas for Spring Break this year. We kicked things of with a Half Marathon. I ran with my brother in the Big D Texas Half Marathon. It was fun but very windy (25 mph winds) and cold (50's). Outside of the wind, the temperature was actually great for running. It was not so great for standing at the finish line as you can see from Kate's expression. She and Sam were both crying when I finished and complaining about being cold.
They were much happier when we got to the Great Wolf Lodge. We went straight from the finish line to the check-in desk. We stayed for a few nights and it was definitely the highlight of the trip. The kids loved every minute. I highly recommend it! It was cold and windy outside but the indoor water park was the perfect temperature.
This was Sam in his "room". Our room had a cabin inside of it with bunk beds for the kids. They thought it was super-cool...
This was in front of the huge fireplace as we were checking out. Notice how many of the kids were mad we were leaving...
We also spent a few days at Grandma & Grandpa's house. I saw old friends from high school and the kids hit places like Amazing Jake's with Grandpa. The week went by way too fast but we had a great time.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: